Mandys Crochet and Diet Blog

A site dedicated to crochet and loosing weight.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Pineapples!



Hi Blog

I've started crocheting a doily from a book I purchased from Crochet Australia (www.crochetaustralia.com.au).

It's called 'Pineapple Doilies - Book Two' by Mary Werst. I have to say I'm having a bit of trouble with it. I much prefer my patterns to be in the form of charts rather than written. This pattern is oblong, which makes it quite difficult to remember the repetitions in each round. I'm up to the 15th round and it seems to be taking forever!

I did however finish another one from this book. I think it's pattern number two, and it's shown on the front cover, right under the title. I used a different cotton though, and hook size. I was just using up some left over cotton. I need to block it out yet, but there's a picture below.

As for my diet, I'm struggling again. Last night was a late night home from work. We didn't leave the office until 7.30 and got home at 8. I was so hungry I did the usual thing and stopped and got KFC on the way home. BAD BAD BAD! Every time I try to stick to this damn diet, something happens and I fall off the wagon.

To top it all off, yesterday I walked back to the office from the train station in a pair of sandals. When I got in, my feet were sore, and when I checked them I had a blister on the under-side of each big toe. About the size of a 20cent peice each of them. The skin had all pulled away from so much friction. They're very sore.

Anyway's, best get back to it. Heaps to do, and so little time. Plus, I don't want it to be another late night.

Mandy

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That book looks like it has some nice things to crochet in it. Hope things are coming along better with that difficult doily. The doily that you have completed looks AMAZING!! It is so pretty! You must be so proud of yourself. You certainly should be.
New sandals? Ouch!
Parisjem

11:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home