Mandys Crochet and Diet Blog

A site dedicated to crochet and loosing weight.

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Still plugging along....



Hi Blog....




It's been a long time since I've written. Probably because I'm a bit down at the moment. I've gained weight...I'm having "girly" problems as well and I'm just so tired all the time!




Good news though, I'm on the very last stripe of my Dad's knitted afghan. I'm a third of the way through that, then all I have to do is weave in the ends and all done! I'm busting to start a new project!


I'm still making hexagons for the baby afghan, but I've spent most of my time on Dad's afghan to be sure it's finished. DH is a bit upset now that he's seen the afghan that I'm giving it away. It's one of the few he likes. Trouble is, DH thinks all afghans should be made to fit either a single, double, queen or king size bed. Any other sized afghan is just plain useless in his eyes! He doesn't get the concept of a rug to sit on, a lapghan to use while on the lounge (where a bed blanket is too big).




My next project is going to be a jumper for myself. Again it will be knitted. I know this is meant to be a Crochet Blog...but I'm learning how to knit much better, and want to make something wearable. I'll be using Cleckheaton Country Silk yarn. The picture above shows the jumper I'm going to make, and I'm using the exact same colour shown as well. It's a beautiful yarn and I can't wait to try it. The pattern says it's for a beginner knitter, which is what I am. I can knit and purl but can't follow a pattern. This will be my first attempt! Wish me luck blog!
Anyway, better go...work to do, again.....always....sigh....
Mandy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home