Mandys Crochet and Diet Blog

A site dedicated to crochet and loosing weight.

Friday, December 01, 2006

My ripple progress...YARN Bargain



Hi Blog




I got such a bargain today! I went to Spotlight to buy a replacement hook to use for my ripple CAL on Crochetville. I had been using a plastic hook, and the yarn would drag, and hurt my hands. I needed an aluminium hook. Well I found the perfect one! It's a Birch hook, with a lovely big handle. You can see it in the picture with my progress on my ripple.
This ripple is so massive! It's king size wide, and started with a foundation chain of 450 stitches. It's so wide it'll hang down the sides of my bed when it's done. I just hope I have the staying power to finish this one. I'm not really selecting colours at random either like I had wanted to. I'm trying to mix the warm and cool colours up. Not to many yellow tones together, and I've actually deliberately bought some other odd colours to make the odd colour-ness of it better. So much for it being a purely scrap-ghan though!


Anyway, while I was there, they had some Red Heart Baby Soft Yarn. I've never seen Red Heart Yarn in Spotlight before. They were such big skeins! 170 grams. And guess the price? $1! Yep, that's it $1! So I couldn't help myself and bought 15 skeins. I don't know exactly what to do with it yet, but I'll think of something. My poor husband rolled his eyes when he saw me come in with yet another massive bag of yarn.

As for my eating habits...and the diet side of this blog...well, I had pizza for lunch....need I say more?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, not many people have (or know about) any Spotlights near their home. *got all excited seeing that you went there* I have one of those hooks! A 3.50mm hook, or that other yellow-handled one. A 5.50mm hook I think.

(Birch makes 2 different sized yellow handled hooks)

I didn't know they sold Red Heart yarn there. I was under the impression that you couldn't get it in NZ.

3:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow!it’s great to read articles that come directly from the heart. Thanks for sharing

1:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home