Mandys Crochet and Diet Blog

A site dedicated to crochet and loosing weight.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Crochet purse attempt



Hi Blog

I haven't written in a while again...I've been so busy. So much has happened. Not least of which is DH has bought himself a new car. Well, it's a second hand car, but new for us. It's a 1999 Jaguar XKR Sport. He's always wanted one. The picture is one of another car, but ours is exactly the same. I'm so proud of DH, he's worked is absolute behind off over the years, and deserves to have something he really wants.

My ripple is coming along slowly. I've swapped from doing 3 rows white and 1 row colour to the opposite. 3 rows colour separated by 1 row white. As jumbled as it all looks, I'm enjoying making it.

On the weekend I stopped and made a little crocheted drawstring purse. I just wanted to do something a bit different. I used Twilley's No20 cotton in a purple verigated colour. I also used a 1.75mm hook. I'm quite pleased with the result. It only took me a few hours to make, and it gave me some practice on my thread crochet, which I only rarely do these days.

Lately, I've become obsessed with knitting magazines. I'm not much of a knitter, but I would like to learn how to make garments. These magazines also have all the latest yarns in them, and I love reading about yarn, and seeing what's out there. One disappointing thing is the magazines are all either English or American, and we just can't get those yarns in Australia...unless you order over the internet and then the shipping costs are ridiculous!

Oh well...back to the grind, no work no play later...
Mandy

1 Comments:

Blogger Sandhya Karandikar said...

Hi Mandy,
I am Sandhya from India and have been crocheting for more than 35 years.I just love the colours in your ripple.I am sure one day you will complete it and then you will have an hierllom on your hands.I did a log cabin rug which measures 8 feet x 8 feet.It was fun to start with then it became so big and so many colours that it was not possible to carry it anywhere.But one stitch,one row and one colour at a time and it was done.I am very proud of it.So carry on and dont loose heart.

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home