Mandys Crochet and Diet Blog

A site dedicated to crochet and loosing weight.

Friday, January 26, 2007

The "too hot" doily



Hi Blog,

It's been so hot here on the Central Coast of NSW, Australia lately that I haven't been able to work on my favourite ripple blanket.

One day last week it got to 41 degrees celcius (106 farenheit), and I just couldn't take it anymore! But I couldn't give up my crocheting either, so I pulled out some thread (Size 20 Twilley's verigated) and a small Boye hook (1.5mm) and started on a doily out of my Pineapple Doily Book.

This is the third doily I've made from this book, and I'm pleased to say there are no errors in this pattern! I'm wishing I didn't make it in verigated thread though, because it takes away from the pattern I think.

I did enjoy making this doily though, and it took 2 balls of thread to make it, which helps with my Stashbusting score in the Crochetville CAL. I had been very bad and ordered 20 balls of yarn from a craft co-op that my sister belongs to, along with an new set of tunisian crochet hooks. 20 balls of wool put my stashbusting score at -40!!!!! Now I'll be -36, which means I'm slowly redeeming myself.

One good thing is the fact that its slightly cooler here at the moment. So I can now work on my ripple again. I'm really enjoying it, I just wish it would go quicker so I can move onto one of the other progects I've got planned!

Things I want to start:
* A knitted jumper (I've never done this, and would love to try)
* Crocheted socks
* Hexagon motif baby afghan
* Some bookmarks
* An afghan for my mother (not sure of the style yet)
* A crochet scarf.
That's quite the list I want to start! Good thing is though, I have the yarn for all but one of those projects. The only thing I need to get is yarn for my mother's afghan, as I'd like to make hers in a lavender colour, given lavender is her favourite scent, and flower.
Anyway, back to it!
Mandy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home